The AcuLift Derma Roller device causes little to no pain and is quick and easy to use. Although the needles do not damage the skin, it is normal for the skin to be a little sensitive at first. Typically this dissipates after a few treatments.
There is no downtime with the AcuLift Derma Roller™. The microscopic channels created with the high-quality micro needles fully close within just a few hours after use. Studies show that new collagen structures are formed within the skin’s lower layers and the skin is left thicker and more youthful looking, without risks and side effects commonly encountered in dermabrasion, chemical peeling, and laser-resurfacing. The roller leaves the epidermal layer fully intact.
Collagen production takes about 21 days. Results may vary depending on your age, lifestyle and health.
No. The earliest form of skin needling, acupuncture, has been used as far back as the Sung Dynasty (~960A.D.) to rejuvenate the skin. The founder and president of AcuHealing, LLC is a Board Certified Acupuncturist.
According to research performed on micro needle rollers, skin needling at the dermal layer promotes the natural reproduction of collagen and elastin (the building blocks of skin), making the skin feel smoother and tighter. This same research shows, skin needling stimulates the body’s natural wound-healing reaction to produce natural collagen. In one study, biopsies taken from 10 different patients demonstrated an average increase in collagen and elastin fibers of 206 percent. The AcuLift Derma Roller™ uses 540 extremely fine (.25mm diameter) needles, (1080 in body roller) which penetrate the skin just enough to reach the dermal layer below the epidermis.
South Korea, Europe, and U.S. clinically-conducted studies have shown that another advantage to micro needle rollers is the increased absorption rate of topically applied products. These studies show micro needle use may increase serum absorption by as much as 200 times by creating micro-channels, which aid in infusing therapeutic serums for better penetrating the skin and increasing overall efficacy.
In addition to stimulating collagen and elastin, using a dermal roller gently exfoliates excess skin cells, which can contribute to malnutrition of hair follicles and premature aging. The roller also may stimulate blood flow to the surface, which may eliminate stretch marks, cellulite and scars.
- 0.5mm roller for the face, scalp and neck and chest (do not use on areola).
- 1.0mm body roller for the body (arms, legs, abdomen and back).
- 0.5mm for the neck
- 1.0mm for the face, scalp and chest.
- 1.5mm body roller for the body (arms, legs, abdomen and back).
The AcuLift™ derma roller is not to be used on the nipples, genitals, mucous membranes, eyelids, lips, anywhere inside the body, and should never be used by women who are pregnant or nursing.
The body roller has a wider roller head, more needles and can be used effectively on the legs, knees, buttocks, abdomen, arms, elbows and back. It may be very effective for stretch marks, acne scars, saggy elbows, knees, cellulite and loose skin.
- Number of needles. The more needles that a roller has, the more micro channels will be created. Additionally, fewer needles spaced further apart will cause great pain due to the proximity of pain receptors on the skin. Most commercially available micro-needle rollers only contain 170 needles. The AcuLift™ facial roller has 540 needles and 1080 needles on the body roller. More channels are created, and finer lines can be addressed, such as lines around lips and crows feet.
- Smaller roller head. The head of the roller on the face roller is slightly smaller than most rollers, which enables rolling around the upper and lower lip area without risk of damage to the lips.
- Shape of the needle. Needles typically come in two shapes: Diamond or wire shaped. A wire shaped needle has two problems. a) It can penetrate too deeply into the skin in areas where the skin may be thinner and b) they tend to bend or fall out of the roller disk more easily than the diamond shaped. Wire shaped needles are merely ‘stuck’ into the plastic roller, whereas the diamond shaped are integrated into the roller itself.
- Safety. AcuLift Derma Rollers™ are pre-sterilized, and made of lightweight, durable titanium over steel. They are rustproof and will maintain their sharpness for up to six months of daily use.
Derma rollers have been the subject of a great deal of scientific research demonstrating their ability to both induce the body's own collagen production and also increase the absorption of anti aging products applied to the skin. All of our derma rollers are of the highest professional standard. This is a guarantee of quality and sterility. Please read our conditions treated page for links to research articles.
If you have any type of active skin lesion you should not use the AcuLift Roller™ in that area. If you are prone to herpes, do not use the dermal roller in these areas; it can bring on an outbreak.
A small amount of redness is normal. If you experience any redness after using the roller, discontinue use until the redness/irritation dissipates. If you experience excessive redness, please consult your physician.
Laser treatments are considered ablative treatments. The word ablative derives from the Latin word ablate, to take away. All CO2 fractionated lasers burn away skin. This was well documented by a study; Fractional Transepidermal Delivery: A Histological Analysis, from the Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Bern/Switzerland. The AcuLift Derma Roller does not burn away skin, the micro-channels created close shortly after needling.
Due to the increased absorbability of skin care products with the AcuLift Derma Roller™, please check with your doctor before using with any prescription products.
Please check with the doctor who administered your treatment as to the proper amount of time to wait after your injection.
Skin care products used after rolling are extremely beneficial. Due to the increased absorption, it is important that you thoroughly read the ingredients on any skin care product. If you have any questions, please contact your doctor.
Although the needles on the AcuLift Derma Roller™ are the highest quality titanium, after 3-4 months of continuous use the needles will begin to become dull and the roller should be replaced. If at any time the needles become damaged the roller should be replaced immediately.
There are 8 major acupuncture meridians on the face. It is not recommended to needle the face, which can disrupt the body’s ability to nourish the organs needed for breastfeeding and a healthy pregnancy.
These are all names for the same procedure.
- Make certain face is clean and dry.
- Use roller gently at first until you know what your skin can tolerate.
- Follow instructions on box for proper direction to roll the AcuLift™ roller.
- Do not use on lips, eyelids, nipples, genitals, or inside the body.
- Use every 2-3 days until your skin becomes accustomed to the roller.
- Spray after each use with AcuLift™ Sanitizing spray.
- Never share with other people, do not use on children or pets.
- Do not use on sunburn, open cuts, active herpes, pustule acne lesions or any other acute infection or inflammation of the skin, have a history of poor wound healing, collagen diseases, blood problems, are pregnant or lactating, are prone to keloid scarring or have diabetes or sore areas.
- Aspirin, Ibuprofen, vitamin E and blood thinning drugs all cause increased bruising and should not be taken in the two weeks leading up to treatment.
- Store in the clear case when not in use.