We’ve all done it — looked in the mirror with our chin tucked into our chest, examining our double chin. It’s part of growing older, right? But did you know there’s a way to fight back? Read on for tips on how to lose a double chin – without resorting to chin liposuction!I
There are multiple factors that contribute to the formation of a double chin. The most common include inactive lifestyle and too much weight. Also, losing a large amount of weight could create loose skin around the neck area, but mostly, as we get older skin loses elasticity, so it tends to get saggy. Did you know that muscles that are not used frequently lose their tone? This includes the “platysma muscle” that runs down from your jaw along your neck.
These daily double chin exercises help re-affirm, tone and build up the platysma muscle, as well as other muscles around the neck area. If you are constant about doing these exercises, you will build up these muscles, and it will be so much easier to maintain, it’s always easier to maintain a muscle than to build it.
Nowadays the most habitual procedure to help improve double chin, is using chin liposuction to help emphasize the line of the lower jaw. However, this procedure leaves an unaesthetic scar visible to others when the head is tilted back, so before contemplating the idea to go through such a traumatic & expensive operation, why not try these simple exercises that could help you rehabilitate that lower jaw line?
Exercises to Remove a Double Chin:
1. Open your mouth – One of the most effective ways to thighten your neck muscles is to open your mouth as wide as you can and stick your tongue out as far as you can, like if you were trying to touch your chin with your tongue. Hold for 10 counts and repeat 10 times.
2. Chin lifts – Stand with your back and neck straight. Raise your chin toward the ceiling and purse your lips in an exaggerated kissing position and hold for a count of 10 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
3. Hanging head – lie on a bed or sofa with your head hanging over the edge. Lift your chin towards your chest. Hold the contraction for 10 counts and then slowly lower your head to the starting position. Repeat 10 times then relax.
4. Roll your neck – Stand with your spine upright. Turn your head to the side so that your chin is parallel to your shoulder. Your eyes should be looking off to the side, too. Slowly roll your head downward, then up to the other side. Repeat 10 times.
5. Platysma exercise – While holding your hand steady, firm, and motionless, push forward (toward your hand) with your neck and head. You should feel the resistance this creates. Hold this position for 10 minutes, minimum.
6. The tennis ball exercise – Place a tennis ball against your throat and hold it there with your chin. Press your chin against the ball tightly, then slightly release. Repeat 10 times.
7. Regular use of an Aculift Microneedle Derma Roller – Numerous studies have demonstrated that the micro-trauma to the skin which occurs through using a micro needle dermal roller stimulates new collagen and elastin which improve the thickness and smoothness of your skin.
Take 25% Off Your Entire Order! Enter Code: WINTER at Checkout!
Our founder, MICHELLE GELLIS, M.A.C, L.A.C, DIPL.AC, is a board certified acupuncturist who specializes in facial rejuvenation acupuncture.
Article reprinted from http://www.naturalcuresnotmedicine.com